Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Rick Merrill wrote:

Google.com stores a cookie that controls the blackbar vs ninedots.
Clear cookies (preferences or restart) and the blackbar reappears.
Confirm?

I get a nag in white on a blue background about their new Terms of
Service. Neither then nor after I dismiss it do I see a black bar. I do
see a square consisting of nine dots next to the "Sign in" button,
throughout the process.

Nothing changes if I clear cache and cookies, disable AdBlock Plus, and
try again.

google wasn't letting me log out.... so i deleted all cookies and have blocked its ability to reset them... i THOUGHT i had blocked all things google via my hosts file, but they musta found a way around it... or i've munged something in my file...

i don't use it for anything, except i have a fake account i go to for when my mother calls asking for help with her wildblue account, which uses google...

--
... A dog is the only thing on earth
that loves you more than he loves himself.

 taglines courtesy of
 TagZilla 0.066.2 running in SeaMonkey 2.21
 get your copy @ http://tagzilla.mozdev.org