Interviewed by CNN on 30/10/2013 20:39, Bryan v. Roache told the world:
> hi, do any of you use outlook, in sea-monkey? If you do, how do you sink
> your outlook address book with SeaMonkey?  How do you change outlooks,
> POP settings to imap, for the persons who use SeaMonkey with outlook
> email, that prefers  to use imap instead of POP for its eas of use.

OK, one thing at a time...
1. No, I don't use Outlook with -- or without -- Seamonkey. I hate the
damn thing. I have to support it for my corporate users, though, so I
know a bit about it.

2. Generally speaking, you don't. Syncing the Seamonkey/Thunderbird
address book with *anything* is troublesome at best. It's by far the
weakest point of the Mozilla mail products. And, although it's
*possible* to sync Outlook with a variety of products, it usually
depends on some commercial software to do it.

3. Also, you don't "change" POP settings into IMAP in Outlook (or in
fact, in any other mail client I'm aware of). POP and IMAP use
fundamentally different strategies for downloading and storing messages.
What I suggest you do is this:
a. Add an IMAP account to your mail client.
b. Move your old e-mail messages from the old folders either to some
sort of local archive folders or to the IMAP folders on your server, if
you need to access those messages from other environments
(cellphone/tablet/webmail/other computers).
c. Delete the old POP account.

Note that deleting your account in some mail clients (Windows Live Mail
is notorious in this regard) will destroy any old messages stored under
its folder tree. So be sure any message you want to preserve is stored
somewhere else. Better yet, be sure to have a full backup of your
e-mails before starting.

--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.