Daniel wrote:

All I'm seeing, on Ray's posts, is that sometimes he has just "Ray"
following the sig delimiter and in others nothing.

On several of Rays posts I see attached files with names like
"jafahdjc.jpg". Don't know what they're about.

On his most recent HTML post in this thread (message id <nuudnr762-cjzutpnz2dnuvz_qgdn...@mozilla.org>, dated Tue, 05 Nov 2013 21:20:35 +0100), I see the sig delimiter, his name "Ray," and a yellow balloon with two eyes and a smile. The attachment pane is hidden since it's empty.

I have my view pref set to Message Body As | Original HTML. If I switch to Plain Text, the yellow balloon/smiley vanishes and I get an attachment "cbcgbjbj.jpg" that turns out to be the balloon.

Paul B. Gallagher