I've been trying to determine why having a new profile permits maps to be drawn on the www.detroitgasprices.com site. The only thing that seems relevant is that my old profile prevents Java Platform SE 7 U25 10.25.2.17 from running automatically ("ask to activate") while the new profile indicatesw this plugin is "always active."

Now this may not cause the change in drawing the maps but can anyone tell me why this Java plugin is accepted by the new profile and not the old? I have scripts turned on in Preferences for both profiles.