On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 16:15:00 +0100, Jens Hatlak <j...@junetz.de> wrote:

>JohnW-Mpls wrote:
>> Win XP & SM 2.20
>>
>> I have lots of bookmarks and yesterday I deleted a major directory by
>> mistake and was not able recover it within SeaMonkey.  I looked in Help but
>> did not learn what to do.
>>
>> The "bookmarkbackups" subdirectory implies that there is a SeaMonkey way to
>> restore bookmarks.  But how?
>
>Open the Bookmarks Manager (Ctrl+B) and open the Restore menu below the
>Tools menu.
>
>The entries listed there equal the JSON files located in the
>bookmarkbackups directory inside the SM profile directory.

Boy, just what I wanted - yesterday!  But thanks, I now know how for the
next time.

>> And where in Help?
>
>I fear that's not in Help. Help is outdated in many ways, including
>almost all changes related to Places (today's back-end for history and
>bookmarks).

I thought that was the case.  I seldom like Help files anyways.

However, this episode caused me to be unhappy with all the inappropriate
files in my profile directory - so I launched into creating a new clean
profile with just the good stuff in it.   Basically blowing a couple days
for naught!  I just spent over hour setting my new preferences to match the
old ones.   {grin}

--
 JohnW-MN