Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:

Rufus wrote:

No - that's not the problem.  The problem is that the bottom margin
is drawn short, cutting off the bottom half of the buttons, etc.

Good grief.

http://edmullen.net/temp/c101.jpg

You're lucky. On my screen, I can barely see the top edges of those
buttons. If I'm not very careful, I could miss them and click something
nearby by mistake.

Let's compare in case it makes a difference.

Windows 7 Professional SP1
1920x1080 screen
SM 2.22.1

Frankly, it seems the issue could be resolved simply by remembering the last window position instead of pegging the window in the upper left corner of the screen. Thus, if, as I usually do when annoyed by such window positioning, I move the window to a more pleasing position, it would forever be not a problem.

And, yes, I get that some dev decided that shoving the window up there would keep it out of the way of the compose window that is being spell-checked. I disagree. My visual focus needs to be on the spell-check window: That's where the info is that I need to deal with, not in the compose window. If I need to refer to the compose window I am smart enough to be able to move the spell-check window if it is (doubtful in my config) obscuring the compose window.

Hey, my 1.1 cents adjusted for inflation.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/