On 11/26/2013 4:40 PM, azed13 wrote:
> I checked for the latest update and allowed Seamonkey to download the
> update and install. I never do that, preferring to download the file and
> do a manual install.
>
> The instructions are to restart Seamonkey for the update to be
> installed. I did that and got the message that "the update could not be
> installed because Seamonkey is already running, etc." and a new
> Seamonkey browser opens immediately after closing the message. I
> restarted Seamonkey several times and the message just repeats.
>
> I decided to do my usual and download the latest update, installed it
> with high hopes. No joy! Every time I start Seamonkey I get the nag. Can
> anyone tell me the name of the auto update file and where it might have
> been downloaded to my computer?
>
> I would like to find it and kill it. I have no wish to keep seeing this
> message for an eternity. Thanks in advance,
>
> azed13
>
> BTW; a check with Windows "Task Manager" does not find any Seamonkey
> session open except the one that displays the message.

In the Task Manager, did you look on the Processes tab for
"seamonkey.exe" or only on the Applications tab for "SeaMonkey"?

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Where does your elected official stand?  Which
politicians refuse to tell us where they stand?
See the non-partisan Project Vote Smart at
<http://votesmart.org/>.