azed13 wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:

<Snip>

That is what I have been seeing, not with installs but generally.  It is
sporadic, about 1/4 of the time.

See the thread "SeaMonkey Shutdown" (started 25 Nov 2013) in this
newsgroup.

Thanks David:

I read the thread but I'm not sure it is of any help. My system has been
shut down for almost 24 hours yet after booting up for a new session, I
still got the nag when I opened Seamonkey. I'm not a programmer or
"code" wise but it seems improbable that Seamonkey was running while
everything was shut down without power. And, I'm not much for creating
new profiles. It's been years since the last time I did that and it was
a horrible experience including recovering all my mail and bookmark
files. Why that happened I don't know but at this stage I'm really much
too old to risk what works well for everything else. I'll keep an eye on
that thread to see if anything else pops up.

azed13

O.K., azed, is it possibly that just before you did the update/install, you had a problem with Windows/SeaMonkey which caused Windows to shutdown?? If so, it is possible that the previously running SeaMonkey process had written a file to your disk drive to stop you starting another (second) instance of SeaMonkey. If SM had closed normally, this file would have been erased.

The file is called something like parent.lock. With SM completely closed (including the quickstart function if you have it set up), do a Windows "Find File or Folder" looking for parent.*, then in Windows Explorer (making sure you ha Windows Explorer set up to display hidden folders), go to that location and delete parent.lock.

Report back.

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0 SeaMonkey/2.22 Build identifier: 20131023190953
or

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0 SeaMonkey/2.22 Build identifier: 20131023190942