Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Ray Davison wrote:

Gita Diem wrote:

Now I have lost all emails, address book etc.
How can I retrieve this?

Search for "INBOX".

Not a complete set of directions. Better refer to Trane Francks' reply
in this thread.

If you insist on "automatic upgrades", you just might get a new profile, and that may or may not have destroyed the previous profile. If you are looking for "lost" mail search for the file "INBOX". You could search for any file in the mail sub-directory, but that one is easy to remember and is rather unique.

Here are some things that may effect your philosophy regarding Mozilla.

With Mozilla products you never need to "kill" or "deinstall" anything. You can have as many versions of the apps and profiles as you have room on the HDD; and use each of them as you chose.

On this machine I currently have a total of twelve SM/TB/FF profiles, and a total of fifteen SM/TB/FF apps, counting both OS/2 and Win versions. OS/2 and Win use the same profile files. I once had twenty SM when I was looking for the date/time of a bug creation.

I never "upgrade" a Mozilla app. That destroys the previous and you might not want or be able to use the new one. The new version gets a new tree, and I only delete the older when I decide I don't want it any more.

Ray