Wolf:

>Please explain why SeaMonkey is allowing the Flash Player plug-in
>rebuilding the Flash path and file and why Firefox does not.

I have now tested what happens with my Linux x86_64 SM 2.26a1 where
Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202 is installed. It is set to Always Activate.

In my home i have a link pointing from ~/.macromedia to /tmp. As a
result of that flash uses /tmp/Flash Player which is automatically
cleared when i shut down my machine. Happens usually daily.

Now i have closed SM, deleted /tmp/Flash Player and started SM again.
The folder wasn't recreated. Then i called gulli.com in the browser, a
side with flash. No new folder. Only after clicking on a video the
folder /tmp/Flash Player was created.

media.autoplay.enabled is set to false.

Hartmut