Trane Francks wrote:
On 12/20/13 3:31 PM +0900, Rufus wrote:
Trane Francks wrote:
On 12/20/13 11:23 AM +0900, Geoff Welsh wrote:
Trane Francks wrote:
On 12/20/13 4:17 AM +0900, Rufus wrote:
Trane Francks wrote:
On 12/19/13 2:40 AM +0900, EE wrote:
PhillipJones wrote:
Daniel wrote:
PhillipJones wrote:
gnaan...@gmail.com wrote:
The new SeaMonkey version is totally not compatible in
presentation
with the new Mavericks OS from MacIntosh (Apple) All the pages
are
different and most of the page graphics are gone presenting
a 50%
blank page. Log-in buttons no longer show up for Amazon or
Ebay and
Images under Google search are not accessible as no search
button
shows up? A lot of graphics in emails that were previously
visible
(Such as a COSTCO AD) are now blank and can only be seen if
you hit
the forward setting for the email. All this dysfunction makes
Seamonkey not usable at this time so I am moving over to
Firefox
which
still works with Mavericks. Hopefully, the next version will be
Mavericks Compatible?

I'm using SeaMonkey 2.23 on Mavericks

This is what mine looks like:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxQ65mKK_cF5eFlNRlMzb3p2U3M/edit?usp=sharing

Phillip, clicking your link basically gets me a blank'ish page!

That's odd I clicked on it and worked fine and its supposed to
be a
Public link.

What I really notice is that most of the text in the interface
is in
italics. Is that deliberate, or are the fonts not working properly?

It sure served up a great reminder of how elegant the Default
theme is
compared to Modern on OS X. LOL

I can't stand the Defaut Theme...it looks jumbled, muddle, and
confusing
to me. I don't need or want to see all those disjointed colors.

SM Mondern Theme forever on my installs - Mac OS and/or Win7!

You're certainly not describing the Default theme on OS X. The Default
theme on OS X has the classical Mac app look since SM 2.0. From the
release notes: "The default theme on Mac OS X was completely
renewed to
better fit with the look of Leopard and Snow Leopard."

It's beautiful.

you need to make a collage of screen shots or something.  I run Modern
on OSX 10.4, Modern on OSX 10.5, and Modern on OSX 10.6 and they all
look exactly the same, and they all "fit".

GW

I'm not talking about running Modern. I used to run Modern on Linux and
liked it, but when SM 2.0 was released and I saw the revised Default
theme for OS X, I switched. It looks like a proper Mac app now, whereas
the Modern theme (to my eye) looks like something you'd find elsewhere.

Different strokes, but I prefer the clean, uncluttered look of Default.

Default for SM on OS X:

<http://www.living-intentionally.com/media/images/SM-Default.png>

Can't stand that one...looks PlaySkool.  And cluttered visually, with
all the colors...I'll stick with SM Modern.

Interesting. For me, the coloured buttons don't even strike me as
colours. For me, the predominant colour is "aluminum", matching the rest
of the OS X interface. And the coloured buttons are as colourful as the
Finder icons in Snow Leopard.

I'm on Lion and find the lack of colour troubling. You might find
computing nirvana with the drab grey of Lion and the monotone of Modern. :)

Cheers and thanks for a good conversation. :)

trane

Mavericks is Worse. And makes it tough on people with eye problems.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.      "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net    mailto:pjones...@comcast.net