Jens Hatlak wrote:
Desiree wrote:
Why won't SeaMonkey 2.23 on Windows 8 Pro play YouTube HTML5 videos
in full screen?  The same videos play in full screen on my old Fx
17.0.11 ESR (that I haven't had time to upgrade to version 24 yet).

That's because SM is missing the front-end integration of full-screen
support. This is mainly bug 610509. Once that is fixed, maybe bug 701714
will have to be fixed as well in order to enable HTML5 full-screen video.

I also get a popup from SeaMonkey when trying to enter full screen
HTML5 video that says I need further media to properly play the video
and says to go to Addons Manager.

I wonder whether you actually switched to HTML5 video mode. Better
double-check at <http://www.youtube.com/html5>. The "additional media"
request suggests your SM is still trying to play using Flash.

So, is SeaMonkey 2.23 incapable of playing HTML5 YouTube videos in
full screen?

Unfortunately yes.

If so, anyone know when it will be able to do this?

Whenever someone fixes the above mentioned bugs. However, to date no-one
is working on them. I provided a patch for the latter, but in order to
get the bugs fixed it needs a good team of at least two people: Someone
who reviews patches, and someone who writes and adapts them according to
the reviewer's needs. The latter is the hard part which often stalls due
to time constraints.

HTH

Jens

Interesting, because my website shows WebM videos, and if you right-click on the video while it's playing, you'll get a menu with one of the selections being "Full Screen." It's not as obvious as Firefox, which actually places a "full screen mode icon" in the video toolbar, but it works... Aren't WebM videos shown via HTML5?

--
Jaime A. Cruz
Secretary

AMA District 34