Ray_Net wrote:
Rick Merrill wrote, On 29/12/2013 21:39:
On 12/29/2013 1:41 PM, Rob wrote:
Rick Merrill <rick0.merr...@gmail.nospam.com> wrote:
I'm wondering if Email Address Books can live elsewhere. I have been doing export on
one computer and import on another but that becomes a bit tedious with multiple
address books.

The e-mail address books are separate files in your profile directory.
They have the .mab extension.

Once you have linked them to the configuration (by creating an address
book in Seamonkey and giving it a name), you can then just copy the
.mab files from one computer to another, overwriting the file with the
same name that is already there.

When you just copy a .mab file to another profile where it has not already
been configured, it will not be noticed by Seamonkey and I know of no
end-user-level method to add it.
(it is possible to do it by adding settings to about:config)

Suppose I created a new profile - could I tell SeaMonkey where to put it? i.e. on a dropbox folder?

Could this url help you ?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Moving_your_profile_folder

I actually did that about a year ago. Thanks for the pointer.  What I really
want
is for "SeaMonkey Sync" to go beyond history.tabs.bookmarks.passwords, and
include
the address books ;-)