On 1/1/2014 7:52 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 01/01/14 05:13, Mike C wrote:
Peter Taylor wrote:
On 12/31/2013 6:40 PM, Chris Ilias wrote:
On 12/31/2013, 10:31 AM, Peter Taylor wrote:
On 12/30/2013 10:07 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:
Peter Taylor wrote:
I want to use T-Bird for emails other than what it is using now so I
want to know if I copy the contents of TB's profile and paste them
into
Seamonkey's profile will it work or is there a better way to do it?

Not exactly sure what you want to accomplish.

A SeaMonkey profile contains settings for things (browser, chat,
e.g.)
that don't exist in Tbird so using a TB profile in SM makes no
sense.

You could transfer your mail folders/files from TB to SM but it
sounds
like you want to set up new accounts in SM???  You'll need to clarify
what you want to accomplish.

I want Seamonkey Mail to have the mail, accounts, address book,
etc. of
TBird. Can I just use the import feature in Seamonkey mail? Also, how
would I back up Seamonkey mail? Would I have to back up all of
Seamonkey?

This article should help:
<http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq/#fromFxTb>

That's pretty complicated. It's too bad the Seamonkey import function
won't do it.

This would work perfectly for SM back up (MozBackup).
You can choose which part of SM you wish to back up.

http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

MozBackup is compatible with:
     Firefox 1.0 or newer
     Thunderbird 1.0 or newer
     Sunbird 0.3 - 0.9
     Flock 1.0 - 2.6
     Postbox (Express) 1.0 or newer
     SeaMonkey 1.0a or newer
     Mozilla Suite 1.7 - 1.7.x
     Spicebird 0.4 - 0.8
     Songbird 1.0 or newer
     Netscape 7.x, 9.x
     Wyzo

This program is freeware (even for commercial use) and works on Windows
98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/7.

Mike, if I read between the OP's lines, he might want to use SM to
replace both TB and FF.

If he goes the Mozbackup route, will not this result in him having a TB
prefs.js *or* a FF prefs.js in his SM profile. i.e. when
un-Mozbackup'ing the two profiles into the one profile, he will end up
with an incomplete prefs.js??

I want to replace TB with Seamonkey mail. I don't want to do anything with FF. IOW, I would like what I have in TB to be in Seamonkey because I want to use TB for other email accounts.

--
Peter Taylor