F Murtz wrote:
Daniel wrote:
On 17/01/14 17:56, F Murtz wrote:
I used to use eternal sept but now use astraweb mainly.
But on occasion I use eternal but when I do and click on a group it
wants to update, understandable, but it then keeps interrupting and
wants to update all the other groups one at a time interrupting what I
am doing each time.

One of the settings for newsgroups is to ask you if you want to download
the headers for a group if there are more than nnn new messages.

Select Edit->Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings, select "Server
Settings" for the problem account, and under "Server Settings", select
"Ask me before downloading more than" nnn "messages", and increase the
nnn number.

That would work for a while,but in the end make the annoyance time longer.

I've never had an interruption using eternal-september, but I don't have the boxes checkedfor the server to update on start up, or to check every ____ minutes. It still updates all my groups when I first click on the server as I want. Not sure how you use yours, but that works for me.
bj