Hi,

I have read conflicting ideas about the following, and would like to have some accurate advice.

I am running Windows 7 Pro and Windows XP Pro on my 2 laptops, which both came with Windows Defender. I also run Avast antivirus software as well as SuperAntiSpyware.

My XP laptop refuses to update the Defender, giving a repeat error notice,which Windows Fixit cannot fix.

Are the Avast and antispyware sufficient? Do I need Defender also? Some articles even said that Defender will interfere with the other programs.

Any feedback will really be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mort Linder