Rob wrote:
Does anyone know where to find a working .mab to .ldif converter that
can be called from the commandline?

My understanding is that .mab is based on the much maligned mork.

It seems very unlikely that anyone would create a tool specifically for the purpose of restructuring/recreating mork-based .mab addressbook into .ldif.

What I require is a tool that can be used in a batch job to convert
hundreds of .mab files to .ldif without clickety-click action.

If I were going to go looking, I would be searching for such tools as 'demork' or 'mindy'.

http://www-archive.mozilla.org/mailnews/arch/mork/primer.txt "This is a very brief primer on the Mork text format"

This guy wrote a Perl script/hack to extract URLs from history.dat files which are in mork format which his comments sections address the mork format he is dealing with.

http://www.jwz.org/hacks/mork.pl "Let me make it clear that McCusker is a complete barking lunatic. - This is just about the stupidest file format I've ever seen."

--
Mike Easter