On 2/14/2014 2:50 PM, Arnie Goetchius wrote:
When I log in to Facebook, I find that both Seamonkey and Firefox are
using at least 95% of the CPU. Naturally this slows everything down to a
crawl. Same problem in 2.23 and 2.24 but don't know when this started. I
tried using IE8, Google Chrome and Safari and they all run under 5 so it
is not a problem with those browsers. I have tried this on three
different computers all running Win XP SP3.

Also tried Seamonkey and Firefox on a Win 7 computer and they only use
about 40% of the CPU but even that is a lot compared to Google Chrome or
IE8. Anyone else experiencing this?

This is Facebook's fault because they have so overloaded the page with photos,
videos, and .gif files!
With SeaMonkey you have some choices: only show gif files once (or not at all),
etc.