Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Went to Ebay, found what I wanted, noticed that I had cookies set to
"block all." From the browser menu, chose Tools | Cookie Manager | Use
Default Cookie Permissions.

Website rejects me, says cart is empty, etc. Checked my setting, it
hadn't changed.

Tools -> Cookie Manager.

What's probably happening is that there's more than one server setting cookies. You may have whitelisted ebay, but some other server that's blocked is trying to set cookies, and they're part of your session.

Something that I do with my own configs is to maintain a separate profile that I call "bare metal". That one is all default settings, and I don't make any personal preference changes. I have enough tweaks in my regular working profile (especially with AdBlock and NoScript, and aggressive per-site blocking of cookeies) that if I can't get a site to behave, I'll switch to the bare metal profile to get done what I want, before switching back to the normal profile.

In your particular case, what you could do with such a profile is to find out which sites are setting cookies, then go back to your regular profile, and adjust permissions for those sites in the regular profile.

For adjusting, rather than just blanket whitelisting, I'd change the permissions to "asK", and then you can see what cookies are being set, in context.

Smith