Ed Mullen wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

And if you can't assume that the mail folder structure (including
accounts) on the target computer is the same, you should review
the rules on the target computer to be sure they point to valid
folders.

Indeed, if the systems are disparate operating systems, yes, the
paths need to be adjusted.

That's an extreme case; I was referring to the garden-variety case where one installation (on the same OS) has a particular folder, say "ABC Corp," and the other does not. Or as often happens with me, one installation has "ABC12345" as a subfolder of "Work in Progress" and the other has it as a subfolder of "Completed Jobs." I'm constantly completing projects and moving the relevant folders to the archive, and any filters are automatically updated when I drag and drop, but not if the target computer didn't see me do that.

For me, with the same version of SM on both computers running the same OS with the same helper apps and plugins, the routine is actually simple:

1) With SM closed on both machines, rename the \Mozilla folder to \OldMozilla on the target computer;

2) Copy the \Mozilla folder from the source computer to the target computer;

3) Launch SeaMonkey on the target computer and I'm up and running.

This captures my entire profile, along with all the settings, plugins, etc.

When I return from my trip, I do the same with the roles reversed to transfer my updated profile with all its mail to my desktop.

Paul B. Gallagher