On 3/22/2014 6:50 PM, Desiree wrote:
> Mozilla's check your plugins page is claiming that Java 7 update 51 is
> outdated.  This is on my XP Pro machine using the latest version of
> SeaMonkey.
>
> Java 8 is out only at Oracle's download page (not on java.com for
> several  more weeks).  Further, Oracle is NOT supporting Java 8 on XP
> computers.
>
> So, why do I get an erroneous message?
>
> On Windows 8 Pro computer, I get the same erroneous message for
> SeaMonkey 2.25 (and for Fx 24.4 ESR).
>
> I upgraded on Windows 8 computer to Java 8 and had to use system restore
> to get back to Java 7 update 51.  Java 8 does not work with my Java
> speedtests. The only reason I have Java installed is for speed tests.
>
> Java 7 is being supported for at least another year by Oracle for
> security patches so there is no reason at all  for Mozilla to claim Java
> 7 update 51 is outdated on either version of Windows.

Windows 7 (x64)
SeaMonkey 2.25
Java 7 u51 (properties 7.0.510.13)

According to <http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp>, my Java is
current and "No out-of-date versions of Java were found".

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam, flames, and trolling from that source.