Ed Mullen wrote:
Ant wrote:
On 5/10/2014 8:26 AM PT, A Williams typed:

Will FireFox 29's new look will find its way into SeaMonkey, or will
SeaMonkey continue to allow its users to customize the UI?

This question has been asked here a few times over the last few months.
  The answer has always been no.

But will this be forever? Will SM always be using the same design
forever? :P

Forever???

Geez. You seem to be asking an awful lot.

I mean, I won't even be alive forever.

I love change, embrace it.  I like the Firefox changes, Australis. Fun
to play with. I use it on my second monitor almost all the time.

Still, SeaMonkey is my default app. If they update the UI?  Will I freak
out?  No.  If they make it look like Firefox?  Well, they'll likely lose
me.  At that point they'll have zero product differentiation from
Firefox and Thunderbird.  So, what would be the point?

No, I think it's safe to assume that SM will be (until the volunteers
all die) unique, a throw-back, quaint, and loveable.  And something all
of us affianados

"aficionados"  Geez.

will support.

Bravo to the SeaMonkey devs.  As in another post, yeah, we users can
sometimes get nasty and all. But we really do love what you do.  Keep it
up.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/