On 05/23/2014 01:31 PM, Roger Fink wrote:
> Do the message filters in SeaMonkey work in newsgroups? (they should
> because the program lets you set them up).
>
> There is an annoying amount of spam in the Mozilla support groups I
> check from time to time (SM, FF & TB), and the filters I set up seem to
> do absolutely nothing.

You can set them for news.mozilla.org or each newsgroup. Here are a few
of mine that mostly do the trick (for me):

name="Undisclosed recipients:;"
enabled="yes"
type="20"
action="Delete"
condition="OR (\"to\",contains,Undisclosed recipients:;)"

name="Injection-info: googlegroups.com"
enabled="yes"
type="20"
action="Delete"
condition="AND (\"injection-info\",contains,googlegroups.com)"

name="Organization: http://groups.google.com";
enabled="yes"
type="20"
action="Delete"
condition="AND (\"organization\",contains,groups.google.com)"

name="googlemail.com"
enabled="yes"
type="20"
action="Delete"
condition="OR (from,contains,googlemail.com)"

Granted you'll filter out some valid posts from googlegroups - several
of the devs use GG, but I figure that if they can't use nntp or list
then it doesn't bother me to filter them out as well.