Rick Merrill wrote:
On 6/23/2014 12:09 AM, Frosted Flake wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 6/22/2014 1:15 PM, Rick Merrill wrote:
"Promises have been enabled by default." in latest release.

WHAT are "promises"???

See
<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Promise>.

I read it and still do not understand it. Maybe you will do better.

I did not understand it either. Since it is so obscure, perhaps, in
the release notes, there should be a (very) large
information box with instructions to disable promises.

When a function is called it normally succeeds or fails, but with a
communications
interface there is also the interminal no-answer-yet, in other words a
"hang!" So
instead of hanging or failing or succeeding there is now a 'promise'
that means
"my server is not dead, but we'll have our people call your people".

Rick
Merrill

thanks for that explanation. I was thinking that these Promises might help scripts from hanging.

GW