WaltS48 wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:
This comes under heading of "unintended consequences".

I just updated from SM 2.17.1 to 2.26.1.

In browser:
   I have my preferences set to display a blank page on
startup. In 2.17
that resulted in displaying a blank page *AND* an empty(blank)
address
bar. With 2.17 there is a reminder that the address bar is for
address/search terms.
   I understand the "logic" behind the chain. Can I have back the
desirable default?

In mail/news:
    Signature block (correct term?) now appears in lighter type
than
body of the post. I find this annoying. Once again, any
work-around?

P.S. I go back to Netscape days and this was one of the
smoother upgrades.

The signature block has always been lighter than the message body
when viewing posted messages.

Evidently not for Windows XP users. I notice your "User Agent" says Linux.

Setting "mail.identity.default.suppress_signature_separator" to
true in about:config should change that behaviour.

Don't be upset whe people start replying to your signature
because they think it is content.

I want to change what I see, not what gets sent. I don't use a signature block in any case.