Daniel wrote:
On 04/07/14 15:26, Barry Edwin Gilmour wrote:
David E. Ross wrote on 07/04/2014 12:53 PM:
On 7/3/2014 7:52 PM, Barry Edwin Gilmour wrote:
EE wrote on 07/04/2014 07:42 AM:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 7/3/2014 1:12 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 02/07/14 22:50, Daniel wrote:
Searching for userChrome.css as I type.
Well!! I'm not seeing any green anywhere, so I must have screwed it
up!!
Time to try a different/lower level in the directory chain.

Try searching for userChrome-example.css.  That file should always be
created when installing SeaMonkey.  If you find it but not
userChrome.css, just copy userChrome-example.css into the same
directory
and rename it as userChrome.css.

Those example files are not present in the recent versions of
SeaMonkey.  They were not present when I started using SeaMonkey at
version 2.20.

To expand on Hartmut's answer yesterday, they are no longer in the
profile folder, but kept in the application-folder's omni.ja java
archive folder (For Linux, that's at /seamonkey/omni.ja
(/defaults/profile/chrome/userChrome-example.css and /seamonkey/omni.ja
(/defaults/profile/chrome/userContent-example.css). HTH

How, then, is someone supposed to extract userChrome.css and
userContent.css (or userChrome-example.css and userContent-example.css
to use as templates to create the others) from omni.ja and place them
into the chrome directory of a profile?

Sorry about that. I use an archive application to copy out of the Java
archive folder.
Copying the attached style sheets into the user's profile chrome
directory, and editing in your text editor is the way to go. HTH.

As I noted, above, Barry, I've moved an old version of userChrome.css
into the appropriate location and had no effect, so I don't think your
files will help, but thanks for trying.

Did you put a namespace line at the beginning of the file? It is necessary for userChrome.css, but not for userContent.css.

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul";);