David E. Ross wrote:
On 7/3/2014 10:26 PM, Barry Edwin Gilmour wrote:
David E. Ross wrote on 07/04/2014 12:53 PM:
On 7/3/2014 7:52 PM, Barry Edwin Gilmour wrote:
To expand on Hartmut's answer yesterday, they are no longer in the
profile folder, but kept in the application-folder's omni.ja java
archive folder (For Linux, that's at /seamonkey/omni.ja
(/defaults/profile/chrome/userChrome-example.css and /seamonkey/omni.ja
(/defaults/profile/chrome/userContent-example.css). HTH

How, then, is someone supposed to extract userChrome.css and
userContent.css (or userChrome-example.css and userContent-example.css
to use as templates to create the others) from omni.ja and place them
into the chrome directory of a profile?

Sorry about that. I use an archive application to copy out of the Java
archive folder.
Copying the attached style sheets into the user's profile chrome
directory, and editing in your text editor is the way to go. HTH.

Actually, my question was rhetorical.  My updates of SeaMonkey have
continued to use the userChrome.css and userContent.css that I created
in my profile some years ago.  My question was intended to address the
situation of a somewhat experienced computer user who has just now
changed to SeaMonkey (or to Firefox), someone who understands CSS and
who quickly learns about Mozilla's chrome.

Why were userChrome.css, userContent.css, userChrome-example.css, and
userContent-example.css hidden in omni.ja?  Why is it now impossible to
even look into omni.ja?

In that case, you might mention that those stylesheets go into a subdirectory in the profile named "chrome".