Trane Francks wrote, On 31/07/2014 22:07:
On 8/1/14 12:28 AM, Ray_Net wrote:
Ben wrote, On 31/07/2014 02:33:
Because there will be other people who will have/experience this problem,
i have decided to give a very specific and custom tailed detailed
walk-through
on the problem, and how to correct it as best i can.

Although the info & steps may seem a bit baby like, these instruction
were not directed
specifically back at you.

So please dont be offended by the info - i realise you already know
most of these steps already.

I should have mentioned in my description that it is just as
applicable to pop3 email accounts as well.

Ben.
I am not offended, i appréciate your posts who can be usefull for others. I am just surprised about the presence of your ....serverX.valid .... keys.

It's an interesting one, Ray. I /think/ these particular keys are only created when a user clicks on a link to subscribe, e.g., <news://news.mozilla.org/mozilla.support.seamonkey>, rather than creating the server manually. I only had one of those keys and it was for the Mozilla news server. As with Ben, I had to set the serverX.valid key value to True to enable new mail accounts to be properly created.

So the creation of this key with the value false is a SM bug ... already filled ?

I had problems in the past after clicking on those type of link ... problems were corrected with the help of this support group by removing by hand what was related with the newly created subscription. From that time, i never click on such link, never ...