JAS wrote:
Cecil Bankston wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote:
Geoff Welsh pounded out :
Trane Francks wrote:
So far, Ray_Net's suggestion to use Thunderbird seems to be the most
viable. Thunderbird will quite happily open/display EML files when
asked
externally. Alternatively, use SM to view the EML file in the browser
(ugly headers and all).

Cheers to you, Geoff.

oh, I see.  It opens in a browser window, not in the mail window.  It's
still quite legible and maintains formatting, at least here on my Mac
anyway.

I don't know why anyone would have a slew of .eml files on their
desktop, so I have certainly never run into this.

GW

Maybe this is a benefit of being retired?  I cannot think of the last
time I communicated with anyone running an Outlook product or anything
else that produced an .eml file.  In fact, since being online since
about 1982, I can only remember one time specifically encountering an
.eml file or Outlook email.

To clarify my original message, the .eml file in question was one
saved from a SeaMonkey mail folder, using Save As>  File from the File
menu. Double-clicking the file only opened a blank browser window.

When you save an email to file try renaming it and saving it as an HTML
file and then it will open in the browser.

it should open the .eml in a browser window too. It works on Mac with SM 2.26.1 and it's worked that way since forever, (I am right now using SM 2.0.14 on my super-awesome PPC and it works that way too).

GW