Trane Francks wrote:
On 8/29/14 6:15 AM, Rick Merrill wrote:
When does the delete actually happen?  Exit SM or shutdown computer or
upon delete 1 at a time?

It happens immediately upon deletion (or moving) from the inbox.

Are you sure?
I have web and pop3 access to one of my accounts and occasionally have call to use both in parallel. Moving mails from the Inbox to Trash appears to do nothing irrevocable, nuking them from Trash appears to trigger the update which is then carried out the next time pop3 checks for new mail. "Get Msgs" forces the issue. Maybe there is some other factor at work but I'm not seeing it.