On 9/10/2014 8:50 PM, PhillipJones wrote:
> EE wrote:
>> David H. Durgee wrote:
>>> Thanks to keeping an eye on this newsgroup, I have avoided the worst of
>>> the problems others have reported by disabling the "Remember Passwords"
>>> add-on prior to upgrading SeaMonkey to the 2.29 release.  While I have
>>> avoided the worst I am still seeing problems.  Seven web sites that I
>>> was able to access with ease before the upgrade are now a problem,
>>> requiring me to go to a data manager tab and copy a password as opposed
>>> to simply having it filled in automatically.  This is annoying!
>>>
>>> Is the developer of the Remember Passwords add-on still active?  Could
>>> he issue an update that works with 2.29 that will bring back the lost
>>> function?  If not, can the developers incorporate the complete function,
>>> not the partial fix they obviously have implemented, as release a 2.29.1
>>> with it quickly?
>>>
>>> Thank you for any assistance you can give in getting this back to
>>> working as it did with 2.26.2 and the Remember Passwords add-on.
>>>
>>> Dave
>>
>> Why do you need an add-on to get passwords to be saved?  SeaMonkey can
>> save passwords itself.
>>
> There are certain passwords SM refuses to save because of request from
> certain parties. Remember passwords let you remember all passwords.
>
> The parties that requested that passwords are Paranoid and if you you
> set up SM to require passwords to open like you should be doing  its
> totally unnecessary. If a third party can't open or even if they can
> open they still can't doing anything as par as going into sites with
> passwords.

Failing to have my computer remember my login passwords -- especially
since they are encrypted with a master password that is NOT in my
computer -- is less risky than having my passwords on a postit or in a
plain-text file.

--
David E. Ross

The Crimea is Putin's Sudetenland.
The Ukraine will be Putin's Czechoslovakia.
See <http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_PutinUkraine.html>.