On 9/22/2014 5:02 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
hawker wrote, On 22/09/2014 22:41:
On 9/22/2014 4:23 PM, EE wrote:
hawker wrote:
Just noticed a new issue in mail 2.26.1 that was not there before I
updated. Perhaps it has been fixed in 2.29.

I often do a "replay" to an email just so I can get the formatting of a
message and written by. I then copy and past that into some other
e-mail
I am responding to. This happens when I am responding to two e-mails at
once that must go to the same folks.

Up to now that has worked fine. It 2.26.1 I can copy and past the
message body or the "On mm/dd/yy HH:MM am SoandSo Wrote:" but if I try
to select both it won't past (just blank) into the new message.

Any idea what is causing this, how to fix or if it is a known bug?

Thanx
  -H
[I often do a "replay" to an email just so I can get the formatting of a
message and written by. I then copy and past that into some other e-mail
I am responding to.]

I just pasted something from your message.  It works, but I had to
highlight what I wanted to copy after I opened the reply window, not
before.  If I highlight something before opening the reply window, only
the highlighted item gets quoted.

odd - it doesn't work for me. And yes I was using CTRL-V not P.
IT gets into the copy buffer because I can past it into Word or my
text editor but I can't past it into the other HTML formatted e-mail.
Sometimes I can get it to work, so you may be on to something with an
order that I open things in.
Still it is odd that I can copy/paste the header or the body but not
both together.
I have this kind of problem .... for YEARS .... and it's reproductible
"at will"
I used CTRL-C to copy the beginning of a mail created by hitting
"forward" ...
And i cannot CTRL-V to a New mail.
In Word or in notepad, the CTRL-V works.

I will try to CTRL-V here in this "reply" in newsgroups to see if it
works..

NO I cannot insert the copied text here,
So i will do CTRL-V in notepad, then in notepad "Select All" then CTRL-C
and CTRL-V here: