EE wrote, On 23/09/2014 22:42:
hawker wrote:
On 9/22/2014 4:23 PM, EE wrote:
hawker wrote:
Just noticed a new issue in mail 2.26.1 that was not there before I
updated. Perhaps it has been fixed in 2.29.

I often do a "replay" to an email just so I can get the formatting of a message and written by. I then copy and past that into some other e-mail I am responding to. This happens when I am responding to two e-mails at
once that must go to the same folks.

Up to now that has worked fine. It 2.26.1 I can copy and past the
message body or the "On mm/dd/yy HH:MM am SoandSo Wrote:" but if I try
to select both it won't past (just blank) into the new message.

Any idea what is causing this, how to fix or if it is a known bug?

Thanx
  -H
[I often do a "replay" to an email just so I can get the formatting of a message and written by. I then copy and past that into some other e-mail
I am responding to.]

I just pasted something from your message.  It works, but I had to
highlight what I wanted to copy after I opened the reply window, not
before.  If I highlight something before opening the reply window, only
the highlighted item gets quoted.

odd - it doesn't work for me. And yes I was using CTRL-V not P.
IT gets into the copy buffer because I can past it into Word or my text
editor but I can't past it into the other HTML formatted e-mail.
Sometimes I can get it to work, so you may be on to something with an
order that I open things in.
Still it is odd that I can copy/paste the header or the body but not
both together.

I am using plain text for messages, not HTML. I do not see why that should make a big difference, however.

Try this when you have an existing HTML mail and "ask me what to do" as an option in "send format" options. Normally you should be able to reproduce. When i do it the quote headers ar viewed with surrounded by red-dots .... it's an html table. I think that's the key point to reproduce ... the clipboard of the selection in the forwarded mail is different than the clipboard of the selection in notepad after psting this text in notepad first.

I used CTRL-C to copy the beginning of a mail created by hitting "forward" ...
And i cannot CTRL-V to a New mail.
In Word or in notepad, the CTRL-V works.

I will try to CTRL-V here in this "reply" in newsgroups to see if it works..

NO I cannot insert the copied text here,
So i will do CTRL-V in notepad, then in notepad "Select All" then CTRL-C and CTRL-V here: