On 13/10/2014 9:19 PM, Daniel wrote:
On 12/10/2014 7:35 PM, Daniel wrote:
On 11/10/14 20:26, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Daniel wrote:

On 11/10/14 19:09, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:

<Snip>
In the composition window, as we have seen, if I manually enter
     "Paul @ Gallagher" <mypre...@mydomain.com>
SeaMonkey overrides the punctuation and attempts to send to
     "Paul@Gallaghermyprefix"@mydomain.com
which fails.

As explained elsewhere in this thread on m.s.seamonkey, my use of the @
in the name field of my spam reporting e-mails, causes no problems for
me or my recipient.

Since we're using different versions of SeaMonkey (2.29.1 for me, 2.26
for you), have you tried examples like the ones I described (to rule out
a change in behavior with the update)?

In an effort to replicate your success, I tried
     P-aul @ Gallagher <mypre...@mydomain.com>
and
     "P-aul @ Gallagher" <mypre...@mydomain.com>
but neither worked as expected (both produced the same errors as
previously described).

Good point, Paul. Tomorrow, I'll try to remember to boot into Win7 SM
2.29.1 to see what happens.

Well, what do you know ....

Here I am, on my Win7 SM, as detailed in my sig file, and, when I
received a spam, I "forwarded" it to our government Anti-SPAM agency,
and, in the compose window, I addressed it to

1-Spam @ ACMA    repor...@submit.spam.acma.gov.au

but, when I looked at the Sent E-mail, it was addressed to

"1-Spam@ACMAreport"@submit.spam.acma.gov.au

and I haven't received my normal reply saying my report had been received.

Additional, when I look at my E-mail Addressbook, where normally I would
expect to see my ten different 1-Spam Companynames to be listed first,
the order of the Name field is all mixed up, rather than its normal
Numeric-Alphabet sort.

Additionally, in my Win7 SM Addressbook, I have a new listing for

'1-Spam    "1-Spam@ACMAreport"@submit.spam.acma.gov.au

So, SM is recognising that the address that SM is trying to send my
e-mail too is not listed in the Addressbook, so is collecting it. At
least the part is working correctly!! :-(

So Paul, it would seem that I can confirm your problem with SM 2.29 *on
Win7* at least.

Opps!! Just for clarification, when I composed the e-mail to our government agency, the address read

1-Spam @ ACMA   <repor...@submit.spam.acma.gov.au>

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.29 Build identifier: 20140829003846
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.26 Build identifier: 20140408191805