On 24/10/2014 5:58 AM, mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Using my Linux SM 2.30, I just noticed that this address corruption is
still occurring, at least for addresses that have "@" as part of the
"Name" field, e.g. I have a spam reporting address....

1-Spam @ ACMA    <rep...@submit.spam.acma.gov.au>

If I select it, as an address that I wish an e-mail to go to. in the
address book, by the time that address appears in the "Compose" window,
it has changed to ...

1-Spam    <"1-Spam@ACMAreport"@submit.spam.acma.gov.a>

so the problem is occurring between the addressbook and the Compose
window, not between the Compose window and the Sent folder!!

I haven't been following this thread closely, so maybe this has already
been answered, but just a thought...
   1-Spam @ ACMA    <rep...@submit.spam.acma.gov.au>
looks like what might be found in email headers, and should not appear
like that in your address book. Have you checked that the address book
entry is actually correct, i.e. that it has name set to "1-Spam @ ACMA"
and Email set to "rep...@submit.spam.acma.gov.au"?

If "1-Spam @ ACMA <rep...@submit.spam.acma.gov.au>" has been picked up
from an incoming email (for example) and added to the address book, but
was not properly quoted in the headers of that original email, it may be
that an address book entry created from it would be incorrect.

i.e. it may be that the problem occurred even earlier still, before the
entry got into your address book, and may even be down to the program
used to send that email to you not quoting the name correctly.

Mark.

Sorry, Mark, when I've been posting

1-Spam @ ACMA    <rep...@submit.spam.acma.gov.au>

I've been meaning that the 1-Spam part is in the "Name" column of the Address Book whilst the part between the < > is in the "Email" column of the Address Book!! :-(

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.29 Build identifier: 20140829003846
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.30 Build identifier: 20141009214701