On 10/27/2014 04:49 PM, Cruz, Jaime wrote:
> cmcadams wrote:
>> Daniel wrote:

>>> I've added that group to my UseNet server. There are only 32 messages
>>> showing, but
>>> several of the threads start like Re: Memorial monument - B&W -
>>> IMG_8703_B&W.jpg, and
>>> the Re: at the start indicates to me that I'm not looking at the
>>> original post, the
>>> post that may have had the picture included.
>>>
>>> Looking at just a few of the posts, I don't see any pictures on the
>>> actual group, but
>>> I do see links to "Day 4 - Margaretsville to Digby" link...
>>> http://ghealy.smugmug.com/Galleries/Photography/Places/Vacations/Nova-Scotia-2010/Day-4Margaretsville-Digby/
>>>

>>> HTH
>>>

>> Neglected to mention above that when the post contains photo the
>> filename appears at the top right under "Attachments:". When you double
>> click on it, instead of displaying the photo 2.30 displays alphanumeric
>> - the header data is readable. So SM is receiving the data, it just
>> isn't displaying properly.
>
> Yes, if I save the image to my "Downloads" folder and double click on it
> there, it displays properly in my default image software.

It also displays just fine (I tested with 'Challenge 132 - Opposites -
Eleanort3t') if you email forward the newsgroup message (using
attachments in-line) to yourself. So apparently it's an issue only with
newsgroup inline attachments.

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/33.0 SeaMonkey/2.30