On 11/15/2014 02:01 PM, Jim wrote:
> I am not expecting an answer to this question, as most of you can't get
> to this web site.
>
> I am retired military and need to use many military web sites.  The
> military is paranoid about password security and requires users to
> change their passwords every 90 days (and the requirements get ever more
> complex).
>
> I use Keepass to generate passwords, and paste the passwords into the
> proper boxes.  Last week, I was told I need to change my password.  One
> requirement is that the password must be between 15 and 20 characters.
> I set Keepass to generate a 20-character password and meet all the other
> requirements.  I had problems getting a password, that I could use to
> log in.
>
> I found out, that in Seamonkey, when I pasted my 20-character password
> into the box, it only showed 17 "password dots".  (It was cutting off 3
> characters).
>
> When I successfully used IE, the boxes would hold 20 password dots.
>
> Any thoughts on this?
>
> TIA -- Jim

Don't know the answer to the maximum password length - I thought it was
256, you can file a bug report if you're only getting 17.

Curious about which sites are requiring 20 char passwords - I use
ebenefits.va.gov (portal to multiple sites), myhealth.va.gov etc., and
have yet to find one that requires 20 chars or more. Biggest problem
that I have with those sites are their security certificates are self
issued and often are screwed up.