On 12/1/2014 11:11 AM, Bob Minchin wrote:
> W3BNR wrote:
>> Bob, if the restore bookmarks is not working, which it isn't, why not
>> just Export your current bookmarks as HTML, Copy that bookmarks.html
>> file to your other computer and then import it there??
> Yes, I could do that but the HTML import feature is not very elegant in
> that it does not give an option to append to or replace the existing
> bookmarks, it just appends
>
> I can append and then edit - it is just messy which is a shame on a
> decent browser like SM.
>
> Bob

Ok - my reply was directed at Ed Mullen's comments, but I think your
problem was already addressed.  I agree, HTML exporting and importing
really sucks.  And unfortunately exporting and importing with .json has
been removed.

Best thing to do is to go to your profile directory and copy
places.sqlite to a removable gadget and copy from there to your other
computer's profile directory replacing the places.sqlite file there.

--
Ed, W3BNR
HTTP://JonesFarm.us/W3BNR

"The federal government has taken too much tax money from the people,
 too much authority from the states, and too much liberty with the
 Constitution."                            -Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)