On 02/12/14 07:31, mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote:
EE wrote:
Daniel wrote:
On 30/11/14 03:26, Ant wrote:
On 11/29/2014 4:35 AM PT, Daniel typed:

<http://www.twcondemand.com/> is missing it. Or is it just me with
v2.26.1 web browser? I see it in my Windows XP Pro SP3's IE8
though.

Are you talking about the Search Box to the right of the
"My-On-Demand"?? I can see that in my Linux installed SM.

Not here in SM 2.30/Win7 Pro SP1.

I figured out why I didn't see a search form box. It is because of my
minimum font size set to 13 (12 and none worked). I hate tiny font
sizes. :( Are you using the same minimum font size?

My minimum font size is set to 12pt.

So changing to 13 or higher will show the search form box gone on
yours?

I just went into Prefs, set 14 as my minimum font size, re-booted SM,
and clicked the link ..... and had no search bar.  :-(

I wonder if the pages' code is set so that the search bar is on the very
right limit of the page, so that any increase in the font size causes
the search box to extend past the edge of the page, and so not be shown
at all??

(If anyone is interested in having a look, the "Search" appears in line
159 of the code.)

In that case, would you not see a horizontal scroll bar?

Not if CSS overflow property is set to hidden at some level - which it
is for <div class="divider">, which ultimately contains the Search box.
That causes any content which doesn't fit into the specified box to be
clipped, without a scrollbar.

Mark.

Thanks for this explanation, Mark.

Daniel

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.29 Build identifier: 20140829003846
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.31 Build identifier: 20141020202138