Rufus wrote:
bobhur...@hurterconsult.com wrote:
Seamonkey has been my main browser/email since the Netscape days and
generally works very well.

I updated to Seamonkey 2.31 from 2.30 and then it crashed. Whenever I
tried opening it, it crashed and a problem window came up.  I
uninstalled 2.31 and then reinstalled it from a downloaded version off
the Seamonkey web site.  I still could not open it - was getting the
same crash message.

I then uninstalled 2.31 and installed 2.30 using a version downloaded
from the Seamonkey web site.  The 2.30 is working normally.

Anyone else have this problem?

Yes - I was experiencing crashes on Quit with Mac version of SM
2.31...so I've gone back to 2.26.1.  Where Ghostery is still working...

Ghostery stopped working in SM a while ago, but it was a change in Ghostery and not SeaMonkey that was the problem. Ghostery followed the newer Australis interface in Firefox which SeaMonkey doesn't use. Ghostery didn't crash SeaMonkey, it just wouldn't work and/or you could not configure it. Using Bluhell extension now. Found too much collateral damage with ABP.

In any case running 2.31 without any crashes...just the strange URL shortcut broken icon problem that I documented in another thread.

--
Take care,

Jonathan