On 20/02/15 09:58, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
Alex Beauroy wrote:
Alex Beauroy wrote:
Daniel wrote:
On 08/02/15 10:18, Ron Lesan wrote:
how to setup seamonkey on new computer ?

Ron, it is the normal practise, here, to ask your question with-in the
message ... not just as the Subject: of your post, so I've copied your
subject into your message.

To solve your problem, have a look at...

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/install-and-uninstall

and then copy your old profile over the top of your new profile.

HTH

Very interesting!!!! I'll be glad to use SeaMonkey with a profile that
I've built over the two last years on a laptop. How could I use that
profile on a new desktop. Laptop and desktop are running under
Windows 7.
I did that 9 years ago with MozBackup but I don't remember how to do
it!! Any suggestions???? I have a portable hard disk also that I use to
transfer files from one computer to the another, but to manage this with
an old Profile seems a bit difficult!!! I did it years ago and I don't
remember today how to do it. Thanks in advance for any advice
Best Regards
@lex
Further more : How do you : " then copy your old profile over the top of
your new profile."
Thanks in advance for your assistance
@lex

Easy, even moved profiles form Windows to Linux. In old system go to if
Windows:

%APPDATA%\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles

Profile folder will be [SALT].default where [SALT] is random 8
characters. Note the name and copy to a thumbdrive is an easy way to
transfer. For this example I will call it: *original.default*

On new system go to

%APPDATA%\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles

There may be a default profile there already when you installed
SeaMonkey I will call it for this example: *blank.default*

Now copy your *original.default* to this folder

Move up to %APPDATA%\Mozilla\SeaMonkey and edit profile.ini and point to
your moved profile

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=default
IsRelative=1
; comment out the blank profile
;Path=Profiles/blank.default
; add line to your moved original
Path=Profiles/original.default

Save and start SeaMonkey and enjoy.

Why edit profile.ini??

1. With SeaMonkey closed, copy old profile (the bit after the Random characters) onto your USB drive. 2. With SeaMonkey closed, copy old profile onto new computer at the same level as the new profile (i.e. below the Random Character drive level). 3. Start SeaMonkey, got to Tools->Switch Profiles->Manage Profiles->Create Profile, and, on the "Completing the Create Profile Wizard" screen, give it a profile name then, on the same screen, select "Choose Folder..." and point to where you just copied it.

Job done!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.32 Build identifier: 20141218225909
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.32 Build identifier: 20150101220549