Ant wrote:

On 3/11/2015 7:47 PM, Chuck wrote:

Can someone explain why this occurred?

Because it is an unknown file to Norton so it is suspicious. This is an
old known issue as shown in its release notes like in
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.33/ :

"Windows:

     Norton/Symantec anti-virus scanners may report that some parts of
SeaMonkey (e.g. the file freebl3.dll) are suspicious. If you downloaded
SeaMonkey from one of the official download sites, this is a false
alarm. You might experience problems with secure websites when this
happens. To fix the issue, instruct your anti-virus software to ignore
these files (and move them out of quarantine) and/or switch to another
anti-virus software and reinstall SeaMonkey." :(

Believe it or not, Norton on ONE of my machines said nothing, but on the other flagged seamonkey.exe itself, which didn't restart after the upgrade. After I restored it, I launched SM manually and it ran fine.

Both are Win7 Pro SP1, but the 32-bit version on the older machine was the placid one and the 64-bit version on the newer machine was the grouch.

Paul B. Gallagher