Eric wrote:
Look up Jasnipak Mozbackup. You can use it to copy and move your profiles to new computers.
And a simple "copy" puts you completely in charge.

Also the suggestion of using Portable apps is a good one for what you are wanting to do.
What is "portable" where SM is concerned? Isn't SM inherently portable? It will "install" - and can be run - anywhere the OS has access with nothing more than unzip and create a run object - and even the run object is optional. And my mail files began life in Netscape, and have been "ported" to every machine I have had since. And they go on the road on my laptop. And the same mail files are used by both SM and TB, under both Win and OS/2-eCS. Is that not enough portable?

Ray