On 02/05/15 06:16, mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote:
Daniel wrote:
On 01/05/15 20:38, Daniel wrote:
On 01/05/15 20:20, Daniel wrote:
I'm currently unemployed, so, to get me out and about, I'm looking to
apply for one of the positions here....
http://www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/about-us/careers-with-us/current-vacancies/

however,
in SM 2.33B1, I get told that "This Connection is Untrusted" and it
offers to take me to my "Home Page instead" (and I should point out
that
it actually takes me to the http://www.seamonkey-project.org/start/
page
rather than my "Home Page, maybe because I use a Home Group rather than
a Home page!!)

If I open that page in FF 24.2.0, no problem, it even works in
Konqueror
4.11.4!

Just not SM.

Anybody got any ideas??

Alright, now that my post has connected to a thread from last year, I'll
have a look through these posts and see if anything suggested works!!

Reading back through the thread, it would seem that I first need to know
who issued the Cert. Any ideas how I find out what Cert Auth a website
might use??

If you click on "Technical Details", it should show why the certificate
was rejected. e.g. when I go to https://localhost/ (on my machine,
running a web server for testing) I get:
The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed.
The certificate is only valid for hostname
The certificate expired on 04/01/2014 19:21. The current time is
01/05/2015 20:56.
Which tells me the site is using a self-signed certificate, which is
only valid when addressed as "hostname" (not as "localhost") and expired
over a year ago. Not a good sign if that's coming from a usually
reputable website ;o)

If you click on "I Understand the Risks", and then "Add Exception...",
you get to see a few more details before deciding whether to actually
add an exception. In the resulting dialog, click "Get Certificate", then
"View". On the "Details" tab, you should be able to trace through the
intermediate certificates to the root authority. Click "Cancel" to close
those dialogs (unless you want to add an exception to use the site,
which isn't recommended unless you understand why the error is occurring
- particularly as no-one else is seeing a problem).

Mark.

Thanks for this, Mark, and when I look at the Technical Details I see....

Technical Details

recruitment.wodonga.vic.gov.au uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown. (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

So why do my old FF and current'ish Konqueror both work o.k.?? Are they not examining the certificate??

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.32 Build identifier: 20141218225909
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.33 Build identifier: 20150215202114