On 9/5/2015 8:17 AM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> Just noticed that with 2.35 update URL icons broken when temporarily
> dragging URL shortcut to desktop. Was broken in earlier version but was
> fixed in 2.31. The problem is different this time.
>
> Before 2.31 the problem was the URL shortcut listed an icon that was the
> site's favicon cached in profile's shortcutCache but the generated icon
> was a 0-byte file.
>
> This time the file just does not exist. Example:
>
> [InternetShortcut]
> URL=https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl
> IDList=
> HotKey=0
> IconFile=C:\Users\Jonathan\AppData\Local\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\********.default\shortcutCache\9PF4OFpTd5DW+gjfwvzo5g==.ico
> IconIndex=0
>

> 9PF4OFpTd5DW+gjfwvzo5g==.ico does not exist. In fact no icon files have
> be created since update on the third.
>
> OS Windows 7

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.35

I just now dragged the bugzilla.mozilla.org icon to my desktop.  I got
the standard dark blue disc with the light blue seamonkey image as the
shortcut's icon.  Is there a problem with this?

Note:  I much prefer seeing the icon I got instead of a favicon.  It
makes it easier for me to distinguish Internet shortcuts from other
objects.  If the shortcuts used favicons, I would not be able to
distinguish the object from a locally installed application, a data
file, or a shortcut to another local object since these often have
differing icons.

--
David E. Ross

The Crimea is Putin's Sudetenland.
The Ukraine will be Putin's Czechoslovakia.
See <http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_PutinUkraine.html>.