Jay O'Brien wrote on 9/23/2015 11:39 PM:
I have 5 computers running Windows 7 and SeaMonkey 2.33.1. My wife
and I each use one as our primary mail and browsing computer, the
other three are used primarily to display our cameras, and they all
have web access.

All five of the computers exhibit the same problem. Select "Help",
then select "Check for Updates" gets a window labeled "Software
Update" that also says "Check for updates" for a split second, then
says "Update Failed" and says "Something is trying to trick SeaMonkey
into accepting an insecure update. Please contact your network
provider and seek help."

As I recall, the Check for Updates selection used to take me to a
place to upgrade to the latest version, which I believe to be 2.35.

What's this all about? Some help, please?

Jay O'Brien

1.  Firewall?
2.  Antivirus?

disable both and try again?

Otherwise, can the SM installs connect to the Internet?

Download the latest official release and re-install.

<http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/>

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/