On 9/29/2015 7:11 AM, David H. Durgee wrote:
> I see that the user agent string for SM 2.38 still lists FireFox 36 in
> it.  I had thought that SM 2.38 was based on FireFox 38 ESR, am I
> confused?  Should the user agent string be corrected?
>
> I am asking as I normally use PrefBar to present a pure FireFox user
> agent string to deal with websites that don't properly assess browser
> capabilities and simply sniff the user agent.  I want the string to as
> accurately as possible reflect the browser's capabilities to minimize
> the errors the websites might make based upon that content.
>
> Dave

Is it possible that you set a preference variable to indicate Firefox 36
and forgot to change it?

Or is it possible that you have a UA-changing extension that needs
updating?

Go to [Edit > Preferences] on the SeaMonkey menu bar, select [Advanced >
HTTP Networking], and make sure there is a check in the checkbox for
"Advertise Fire compatibility".  Terminate SeaMonkey.  Launch SeaMonkey
in Safe Mode.  On the menu bar, select [Help > Troubleshooting
Information].  What version of Firefox is shown?

--
David E. Ross

The Crimea is Putin's Sudetenland.
The Ukraine will be Putin's Czechoslovakia.
See <http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_PutinUkraine.html>.