Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
I'm trying to renew my vehicle registration with the Pennsylvania
Department of Motor Vehicles (PennDOT), but the site seems to be broken
in a way I can't figure out (I've done this for 10 years running and
it's never been a problem until now). And the gist of PennDOT's response
is, "it works on my machine, so it must be your fault and I refuse to
help."

I begin here: <http://www.dmv.pa.gov/>, which immediately redirects to
<http://www.dmv.pa.gov/Pages/default.aspx/#.VlJ6xkT09Y4>. In the menu on
the left, I click "Renew Your Vehicle Registration," which ostensibly
points to
<http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/vehicle_services/vrlogin.jsp?navigation=true>,
but instead redirects me to an error page at
<http://www.dmv.pa.gov/pages/cookies.aspx#.VlJ7v0T09Y4>:

"We Cannot Process Your Request. The service you have selected uses
non-persistent cookies. Your browser is not currently set up to allow
non-persistent cookies."

Now, my default cookie policy is to accept only first-party session
cookies, but apparently they want me to accept third-party cookies
without time restriction. So I clear cache and cookies, set the prefs at
Edit | Preferences | Privacy & Security | Cookies to
(•) Allow all cookies
(•) Accept cookies normally
and restart the browser. When I return, nothing has changed -- PennDOT
still says I'm not set up to accept their cookies. I check the Cookie
Manager, and I have two cookies from pa.gov and four from www.pa.dmv.gov
but none from any third-party site.

So my questions are:

1) Has the webmaster miscoded his cookie-setting/reading routine,
causing it to fail? This doesn't happen with Internet Exploiter 11.

2) Could the webmaster be using a bad sniffer that rejects SM out of hand?

3) Is there an issue with SeaMonkey's processing of cookies, such that
it doesn't handle some cookies even though it says it will?

Thanks.

Wow, cookies and sniffing issues now there is a good combination. I love sniffing cookies especially chocolate chip. Sorry about that I just could not resist. Chocolate chip cookies are hard to resist. Thank for letting me chime in here, you can punish me by taking away my milk.

Thanks,