I believe bookmarks are stored in places.sqlite, so the extension
would show you the bookmarks in a database format.

Of course bookmark files I don't want are in files named book*.*
while those I want are in places.*  ;{
That simplifies things as I have an unrelated project using sqlite.
Thank you.

Places.sqlite contains: bookmarks, tags, history, annotations, a cache
of website favicons, and a few miscellaneous items.

I wished places.sqlite didn't keep everything. Yes, I know
bookmarks.html can exist but still. :(

Insert the following into your user.js in your profile:

user_pref("browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML", true);
// automatically export bookmarks into an HTML file

The export happens on terminating SeaMonkey.  "Terminating" includes
switching profiles.

Yeah, that is what I am referring to but still annoying. ;) I miss when we had separate files like history.dat, bookmarks.html, etc. I'm not a fan of having everything in one/1 basket. :(
--
"I like ants, in chocolate. Crunch, hummmm." --unknown