Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Just discovered that even though SM 2.39 remembers my passwords and logs
into various sites successfully, the Password Manager pretends it doesn't.

If I launch the PM (or the Data Manager) and search for various domains,
it returns no hits for domains where it logs in successfully with my
userid and password. Those same domains, after login, have data on the
"Cookies" tab, but the "Passwords" tab is grayed out.

If I clear the search window and just choose "Passwords only," it lists
no domains.

Any idea how I can restore the previous functionality?

Thanks.

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/42.0 SeaMonkey/2.39
Build identifier: 20151103191810

The data manager does not seem to handle specific types of data very well. I gave up on that approach and bookmarked the .xul pages that handle cookies, popups, and passwords. Using those, I can see and handle the information I want easily. These are the pages:
chrome://communicator/content/permissions/cookieViewer.xul
chrome://communicator/content/permissions/permissionsManager.xul
chrome://passwordmgr/content/passwordManager.xul